A parking violation is the act of parking a motor vehicle in a restricted place or for parking in an unauthorized manner
Will a parking citation affect my driving record?
- A parking citation will have virtually no effect on your driving record as it will not be visible by insurance companies because the consequences carry solely a fine and no points are assessed.
- Parking citations carry will not impose points on your driving record.
Will a parking citation raise my insurance premiums?
- Insurance premiums typically aren’t affected by non-moving violations.
- Non-moving violations usually carry fine penalties but do not receive points. Since no points are assessed for non-moving violations, insurance premiums and costs do not rise.
- High fines
- Towed vehicle
- Pound fees
Contest your citation
- Step 1: Review your ticket for mistakes
- Step 2: Do not challenge the officer’s credibility in court
- Step 3: Search for possible mistakes and faults on the ticket.
- Step 4: Provide defending evidence in regards to the circumstances of the ticket
Note that to better your chances, it is wise to hire an attorney with experience in the field as he will be more aware of possible defenses and he will have familiarity about the system in your direct area. Also note that in certain locations, minor non-moving violations are contested directly through mail.
Parking Citation State Statute & Penalties
Received a parking ticket? Use The Driver Defense Attorney Network!
At Driver Defense, we wanted to bring users maximum ease when searching for an attorney. Our Find-A-Lawyer map allows you to locate all of our network attorneys in your area. You can find an attorney by either entering an address or by letting our system find your position. In order to view an attorney’s full profile, you must click on their name. Click here to see what the different color pins stand for.