Reckless driving is often defined as a mental state in which the driver displays a wanton disregard for the rules of the road.
Reckless Driving Information
What is reckless driving
The impact on your record
Is there a difference between speeding and reckless driving?
Can I represent myself?
Causes of Driving Fatalities
Reckless Driving State Statutes & Penalties
Frequently Asked Reckless Driving Questions
Will a reckless charge affect my criminal record?
- A criminal record or police record is a record of a person’s criminal history, generally used by potential employers, lenders etc. to assess his or her trustworthiness.
- After a receiving a background check, it is very likely that a DUI will show up. Depending on where you live, a criminal violation can remain on your record for tens of years.
- The courts in your state will treat you as a “repeat” and “prior” offender until the charge is no longer on your record.
Will a reckless driving charge affect my insurance?
- A criminal violation such as a reckless driving charge can cause extreme hikes in insurance premiums by hundreds of dollars.
- You may be required to obtain certain insurance forms in order to certify insurance coverage based on your state of residence.
Will a reckless charge affect my driving record?
- A criminal violation will have a serious and lasting impact on your record.
- If your driving record contains a criminal violation, you are highly likely to have a severe increase in insurance premiums.
Can I avoid having a criminal record?
Can my charges be reduced?
Can I prevent future consequences?
How Can I Find The Right Legal Defense?
Ask These Questions
How much do you charge?
What can you do to help my case?
How many years have you been practicing law?
Are you part of any legal associations?
Locating An Attorney
Word of Mouth
Local Bar Association
Received a reckless driving charge? Use The Driver Defense Attorney Network!
At Driver Defense, we wanted to bring users maximum ease when searching for an attorney. Our Find-A-Lawyer map allows you to locate all of our network attorneys in your area. You can find an attorney by either entering an address or by letting our system find your position. In order to view an attorney’s full profile, you must click on their name. Click here to see what the different color pins stand for.