Centered Logo

Registration Violation

No person shall stop, park or leave standing a vehicle upon any highway or public parking facility that fails to display current vehicle registration tabs as required by Section 5204(a) of the Vehicle Code.

Non-moving violation

What are common registration violations?

  • Failure to display registration: You can receive a citation for not being able to provide an officer with the proper proof that your vehicle is registered.
  • Expired registration: You can also receive a citation for providing proof of registration that has expired and has not been renewed.

Will a registration violation affect my driving record?

  • A registration violation will have virtually no effect on your driving record as it will not be visible by insurance companies because the consequences carry solely a fine and no points are assessed.
  • Registration Violations carry will not impose points on your driving record.

Will a registration violation raise my insurance premiums?

  • Insurance premiums typically aren’t affected by non-moving violations.
  • Non-moving violations usually carry fine penalties but do not receive points. Since no points are assessed for non-moving violations, insurance premiums and costs do not rise.

Your options

Remain uncontested

By remaining uncontested, you will be forced to succumb to the penalties issued with the violation you committed. Such penalties can include

  • High fines
  • Towed vehicle
  • Pound fees

Contest your citation

Most people aren’t aware that even non-moving violations can be contested, yet they can typically be fought through a few simple steps without the need to hire an attorney,

  • Step 1: Review your ticket for mistakes
  • Step 2: Do not challenge the officer’s credibility in court
  • Step 3: Search for possible mistakes and faults on the ticket.
  • Step 4: Provide defending evidence in regards to the circumstances of the ticket

Note that to better your chances, it is wise to hire an attorney with experience in the field as he will be more aware of possible defenses and he will have familiarity about the system in your direct area. Also note that in certain locations, minor non-moving violations are contested directly through mail.

Display the proper proof of registration

If your citation was for an expired registration or for failure to display registration, because this is a “Fix-It” ticket you will typically be able to reduce or fully remove the charge by following these steps,

  • Acquire proper proof of valid registration
  • Get an authorized person to sign the “Certificate of Correction” part of your ticket
  • Take the proof of correction to the court and pay the dismissal fee.


Registration Violation State Statute & Penalties

Received a registration ticket? Use The Driver Defense Attorney Network!

At Driver Defense, we wanted to bring users maximum ease when searching for an attorney. Our Find-A-Lawyer map allows you to locate all of our network attorneys in your area. You can find an attorney by either entering an address or by letting our system find your position. In order to view an attorney’s full profile, you must click on their name. Click here to see what the different color pins stand for.


We can help you find and contact the RIGHT attorney!

Contact Us

Questions? | Comments? | Concerns? Contact-us directly via our contact form or by calling and leaving us a message with your info at (530) 213-DFNS (3367).

Sending ...
Your E-mail has been sent
Error - Email not sent
Please fill in all of the fields
Your e-mail address is in incorrect format


Are you a traffic or DUI attorney looking to expand your client base? Sign up for a profile in our exclusive database.

Welcome to Driver Defense!
Our network attorneys are ready to answer all of your legal needs around the clock!

Use an attorney's profile to research their background and to contact them!

You can also find an attorney in your area by calling us at (530) 213-DFNS or by emailing us using the button below.
Thank You. Attorney Pollette will contact you as soon as possible.
Is this a legal emergency?
If you've been arrested for DUI or other criminal violations, time is of the essence! Don't wait to seek legal help!

J. Keith Pollette is ready to answer all of your legal needs in the state of Georgia!

You can contact attorney Pollette via the contact form on his profile below or by calling him at (912) 529-3131.
Welcome to Driver Defense!
We hope that our advertisement section will answer all of your inquiries about our services and our attorney network!

Please note that we're here to cater to our client attorneys' every needs and that we can be contacted via phone or email 24 hours a day!